Assistant Manager – Indonesia
Do you aspire to build your career in a multi-cultural environment in the development sector? Would you want to be part of the evolution of the digital economy in Indonesia? If your answer to these is “yes”, then join us in our initiative to work closely with regulators, governments, donors, private sector corporations, business associations, and local businesses to support digital financial inclusion. Help us expand our expertise to lead, support, and become part of many initiatives across Indonesia and around the world.
If this excites you, then this role is for you!
Interested! Discover more!
The position requires a person speaking Bahasa and expertise in Digital Financial Services/Agriculture/Health/Youth/Gender.
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefingnotes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery” (qoD)/feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of fellow staff members by providing guidance and advice where appropriate to encourage a culture of peer-to-peer learning
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision
- Execute assignments with utmost diligence, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Develop linkages with junior staff of the client to gather assignment related information/data
- Assist in the delivery of training courses delivered, draft research papers prepared, curriculum development and technical assistance programs provided to clients Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications
- Bachelor degree or (preferably) Masters in Economics, Banking, Public Policy, Public Health, Business Administration, Social Studies, Rural Development or related areas.
- The position requires the Bahasa speaking staff
- Experience in development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/development agency, research organization or government
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity and passion for social and development sector
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors – Digital Financial Services/Agriculture/Health/Youth/Gender
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas –
- Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs
- Process re-engineering and digitization
- Social Assistance program implementation
- Financial inclusion
- Social protection
- Public finance and expenditure
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Human centred design
- Project Management
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks and industry will be a plus