Assistant Manager – Behavioral Economics Expert
Come, be a part of a team that works on some of the most challenging problems that low and middle income households face! Since you are reading this, you know the contextual circumstances are not rational and challenges are not a clear and straight road. Behavioral issues undermine each and every action. MSC’s work on behavioral design spans across multiple sectors such as financial services, health, entrepreneurship, gender, livelihoods, and climate change. We are looking for an enthusiastic behavioral researcher and designer to work with us in our efforts to solve some of the world’s difficult problems.
Interested! Discover more!
We wish to hire a BE expert who can lead MSC’s efforts on – 1. Promoting MSC’s customer centric product development internally and externally, 2. Lead business development and execution opportunities for BE specific opportunities.
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organisation
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision
- Execute assignments with the utmost diligence, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Seek guidance from colleagues when unsure
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Develop linkages with junior staff of the client to gather assignment-related information/data
- Assist in the review of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications
- Graduation/post-graduation in behavioral economics/sciences
- Demonstrated work experience on designing/implementing behavioral solutions
Specific technical skills:
- Proven ability to apply behavioral science lens to the development sector
- Proven ability to design, execute and evaluate behavioral interventions
- Experience of working with the donors to develop behaviorally informed interventions, program designs
- Experience of running/designing behavioral labs
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, French desired
- Ability to lead strategic planning
- Willingness to travel
- Proven business execution, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams
Important note: We want a native English speaker, preferably from US and/or some who has studied BE from US.