Assistant Manager – Payments and Distribution
Come and be a part of the digital finance transformation in Asia and Africa! An exciting opportunity awaits you—work in the world’s leading financial inclusion consulting firm with a team of talented and passionate individuals to support the delivery of assignments focused on providing technical assistance to our clients. The role focuses primarily on the delivery of outstanding quality of work on consulting assignments, within the approaches and frameworks set out by MSC standards. The Assistant Manager will continue to build their knowledge and expertise in core areas of MSC’s client delivery work.
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant must be proficient in the English language - both written as well as spoken. They should be willing to travel and bring relevant experience in consulting or research. They should also be passionate about digital financial services and their application to achieve large-scale impact.
- Participate in assignment planning, fieldwork set-up, and client presentations for assignments of the Payments & Distribution (P&D) domain,
- Lead basic assignments under supervision by senior team members,
- Execute domain level consulting assignments with attention to detail and focus on quality,
- Data analysis and report writing,
- Contribute towards training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients in the P&D domain such as banks, mobile financial service providers, mobile network operators, fintech, startups, and government think-tanks and regulators,
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business,
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.).
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/ feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate.
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization,
- Upgrade skills on a regular basis by enrolling in training courses (online).
Academic/ professional qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in any science, engineering, commerce, or related field is compulsory,
- A master’s degree in economics, public/business administration, social sciences, or any other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
- 1-3 years of dedicated work experience in business operationalization in the field of digital financial services, research, consulting, regulatory and policy understanding and assessment, digital identity,
- Experience in managing relationships with banks, fintech, financial inclusion, government, and think-tanks in India is preferred,,
- Experience in market research, product development, business strategy is preferred,
- Experience working in emerging markets is preferred,
- Stakeholder Management, vendor relationship management, and key resources (UIDAI, DFS, MeiTY, MoRD,
banks, digital wallets, and vendors)is preferred
Skills and competencies
- Previous experience in consulting or research will be an advantage,
- Passionate about digital financial services and their application to achieve large-scale impact,
- Ability to think and act strategically,
- Should have an understanding of digital products such as UPI,
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative, and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent report structuring and storyboarding skills,
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.