Analysts will support the delivery of assignments typically focussed on the technical support to clients including governments, development agencies, donors and other institutions. They will also provide support and guidance to more junior staff on assignments. The primary focus of this role is to contribute to the delivery of outstanding quality of work on assignments, within the approaches and frameworks set out by MicroSave. Analysts will continue to build their knowledge and expertise in core areas of MicroSave’s client delivery work.
Ability to lead small assignments under the supervision and build client relationships and contribute to business development also must have strong attention to detail. He should have a strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills.
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision
- Execute assignments with utmost diligence, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Seek guidance from colleagues when unsure
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Develop linkages with junior staff of the client to gather assignment related information/data
- Assist in the review of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Contribute to the development of MicroSave’s toolkits and other publications.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Academic/ professional qualifications:
- MBA Healthcare; Bachelor or Masters in Public Health, Public Policy or related areas
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
- 1-5 years of experience in development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/development agency, research organization or State / Central government
- Technical knowledge and field experience in health and nutrition programs
- Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/strategies particularly National Health Mission
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity and passion for social and development sector
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas –
- National Health Mission
- Working with partners, and state government counterparts to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities including work plans, budgets, activities, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and writing high quality reports
- Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs
- Community Health
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Environmental Health
- Health Policy and Management
- Health Promotion and Communication
- Maternal and Child Health
- Reproductive Health
- Behavioral science/health education
- Project management
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks and industry will be a plus.