Assistant Manager – Data & Insights
Do you want to improve the lives of vulnerable people across Asia and Africa through insights from data analysis and assessment? Do you have the drive to apply analytical techniques to devise data strategies for startups? If yes, join our Data and Insights team at MSC! Come and engage in research that provides actionable insights for governments, private sector companies, telecoms, technology startups, and financial service providers and changes the world for good. Join us!
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant must have strong data analytics skills and be proficient in statistical analysis software: preferably R, and should have knowledge of data visualization software, such as Tableau and Power BI, should have experience in predictive modeling and machine learning. The applicant should have worked on supervised and unsupervised techniques like regression, decision tree, random forest, and clustering. The applicant should know about dashboards and credit-scoring tools.
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business,
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc).
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments,
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision,
- Execute assignments with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Seek guidance from colleagues when unsure,
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with the junior staff of the client to gather assignment-related information/data,
- Assist in the review of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, the curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Degree in B.Tech/BA/BCom/MBA from a reputed university,
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets,
- Experience working with data mining, and creating data architectures,
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, random forests, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.,
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.,
- Exposure and experience in data visualization skills on R, Tableau, Power BI to build dashboards,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams,
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques in the field of research and analytics,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.