Assistant Manager – Indonesia
Are you passionate about using technology to build an inclusive and equitable digital economy in Indonesia? Join our advisory team in the Jakarta office as an Assistant Manager. This role offers an opportunity to create an impact on millions of Indonesians from the bottom of the pyramid by implementing development programs with various stakeholders, including government ministries, policymakers, the private sector, and international development agencies.
Interested! Discover more!
We seek candidates well versed in the Bahasa language who have worked in the development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor or development agency, research organization, or government. The applicant must have excellent communication, writing, presentation, and research skills—both primary and secondary—and a passion for working in the social and development sector. Experience in digital financial services, agriculture, health, youth, gender would be an added advantage.
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments,
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision,
- Execute assignments with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients,
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with the junior staff of the client to gather assignment-related information/data,
- Assist in the delivery of training courses delivered, draft research papers prepared, curriculum development, and technical assistance programs provided to clients Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business,
- Author/ Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.)
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’ (QoD)/feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support development of fellow staff members by providing guidance and advice where appropriate to encourage a culture of peer-to-peer learning,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Economics, Banking, Public Policy, Social Development, Public Health, Business Administration, Social Studies, Rural Development or related areas,
- Other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
Desired work experience:
- Experience in development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/development agency, research organization or government,
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity and passion for the social and development sector,
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors – Digital Financial Services / Agriculture / Health / Youth / Gender,
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas –
o Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs,
o Process re-engineering and digitization,
o Social Assistance program implementation,
o Financial inclusion,
o Social protection,
o Public finance and expenditure,
o Monitoring and Evaluation,
o Human Centred Design.
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks and industry will be a plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead small assignments under supervision,
- Ability to build client relationships and contribute to business development,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Good spoken and written English,
- Proficient in Word and Excel.