Assistant Manager/ Manager – Nutrition
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the largest food subsidy programme in the world targeting more than 800 million households across the country and want to impact 70% of the Indian population, then this opportunity is for you.
Technical knowledge and field experience in nutrition programs, familiarity with the Public Distribution System (PDS), ICDS, MDM, fortification, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/ strategies. Experience in one or more of the following functional areas like nutrition centric programs, working with partners and state government counterparts to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities including work plan, budgeting activities, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and writing high-quality reports.Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs, public health nutrition, policy and management, health promotion and communication, behavioural sciences and project management. Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks and industry will be an added advantage.
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business,
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.)
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization.
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments,
- Lead small and simple assignments under supervision,
- Execute assignments with utmost diligence, attention to detail and focus on quality,
- Seek guidance from colleagues when unsure,
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with junior staff of the client to gather assignment-related information/data,
- Assist in the review of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MicroSave’s toolkits and other publications.
- Preferably MBA in healthcare or Masters in Public Health/ Public Policy or MSc in Food Technology/ Nutrition/ dietetics or MA in child development/ sociology.
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
- Ability to lead small assignments under supervision,
- Ability to build client relationships and contribute to business development,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.