Associate Partner – Anglophone Africa
Are you ready to lead a large team? Eager to play a catalytic role in the digital revolution in Anglophone Africa? Excited by the opportunities and challenges that the next decades will bring? Committed to harnessing the digital revolution to improve the lives of ALL people? Currently, we are operating in 15 countries across Anglophone Africa. We are expanding, and we need an inspirational leader to take the team to the next level! Are you that leader?
Interested! Discover more!
We seek a candidate who possesses an excellent track record in business development, project management, team management, report writing and documentation, and interpersonal skills. Should have strong facilitation and consensus-building skills and demonstrated executive communication and presentation skills. The incumbent should also be strong in analytical abilities and quantitative and qualitative research skills. Should be excellent in planning, organizational, and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Should also possess sharp business acumen and strong business analysis skills.
The specific responsibilities of Associate Partner – Anglophone Africa, will include:
- Build a business as the domain lead for the Anglophone Africa practice at MSC,
- Lead delivery of technical assistance to clients while ensuring high quality of delivery, and strict adherence to timelines,
- Mentor team members and help them in their professional development,
- Contribute to organizational development by being a team player and upholding organizational culture, values, and reputation,
- Develop and publish knowledge resources through identifying key issues, lessons learned, and best practices in programs and projects undertaken with different clients and in different geographies,
- Openness and willingness to travel and spend over 40% of the time on on-site assignments.
- Conceptualize programs and scope funding for the same from international development agencies, multilateral, and governments,
- Lead concept and proposal writing for projects on diverse opportunities to enhance financial, social, and economic inclusion through inclusive banking and financial services approach,
- Relationship management with key stakeholders, including funding partners, clients, policymakers, and government agencies,
- Author or co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences,
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues
Lead and support technical design and delivery of projects
- Develop, lead, and deliver technical projects on financial inclusion, agriculture finance, FinTech and emerging technology, banking and financial services, and emerging issues such as gender and youth projects for social, financial, and economic inclusion,
- Manage training and capacity building of participants from various sectors.
- Participate in project set-up and de-briefing meetings,
- Lead and deliver on projects and assignments,
- Execute projects with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients, policymakers, and government ministries,
- Review reports and presentations developed by practice group team members,
- Lead report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with key staff of the client to gather project-related information,
- Review training courses delivered, the curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Conduct feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Build internal capacities of the staff on banking and financial services, emerging technologies, and their potential for the inclusive finance sector,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge to add value to the organization.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent or other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
- 15+ years of experience in emerging markets and understanding of financial inclusion, agriculture finance, FinTech and emerging technology, banking and financial services, and emerging issues such as gender and youth,
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence stakeholders and partners,
- Demonstrated experience driving large programs while understanding the multicultural implications of global business and processes,
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically,
- Previous experience in consulting or research will be an advantage
- Experience in writing business proposals and concept papers,
- Should have a demonstrable passion for inclusive finance.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead multi-stage projects with large and diverse teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop and manage projects/programs,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Superior leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.