Chief Executive (CE)
Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS) also known as JEEViKA is an autonomous Society under the Rural Development Department, Government of Bihar is looking for a candidate for implementing various government programs and value chain intervention. The position of Chief Executive will be under Seemanchal Jeevika Goat Producer Company Limited. Candidates should apply in the prescribed format available at the following link: (Click here).
Post qualification work experience exclusively in managing Livestock/ Agriculture and other Agriallied business operation or community-owned and managed producer business enterprises as Farmers Producer Companies.
Chief Executive will be responsible for a productive relationship with the promoter at all times and provide all necessary data/information and progress reports and participate in internal and external review meetings and facilitate timely audits of the funds received. Some of the core responsibilities and tasks are as follows:
- Creating a business for the Goats Producers company and managing it successfully and profitably,
- Providing support for the functioning of the Seemanchal Jeevika Goat Producer Company Limited (SJGPCL) as per the guidelines/ MOA & AOA of the Producer Company Develop Business Plan and mobilizing resources for the Producer Company & Implement the
- Ensure increase in top-line (business turnover) and bottom line (Net Profit) of the company,
- Explore and pursue opportunities to raise debt and other finance options to support operations of the company,
- Ensure company solvency, credit recovery, on-time repayment of the debt as well as operational and
financial risk management,
- Manage company budgets, expenses analysis, and cost control as well as the key investment decision,
- Initiate to build up share capital of the Producer company by mobilizing more members to join SJGPCL,
- Conduct market research and building profitable market linkages,
- Increase the business line towards achieving sustainable growth of the organization and organically build on the existing relationship that, producer company has with PGs (Producer Group),
- Integrating with technology and exploring alternatives for value addition of primary production and secondary produces,
- To create convergence with line dept. and colleges for leveraging govt. scheme and other required support,
- Apart from the roles, the following are the routine task that will be required to be performed by the CE, as per the guideline of the Company Act,2013,
- Perform administrative acts of routine nature including managing the day-to-day affairs of the producer company,
- Sign MOUs for business-related activities as may be authorized by the board for and on behalf of the Producer Company,
- Maintain proper books of accounts, prepare annual accounts, place the audited accounts before the Board and in the annual general meeting of the Members,
- Furnish the members with periodic information to appraise them of the operation and functions of the Producer Company,
- Make an appointment for the position in accordance with the power delegated to him or her by the board,
- Work review and appraisal of the key staff members,
- Assist the board in the formation of goals, objectives, strategies, plans,s, and policies. Advice the board with respect to legal and regulatory matters concerning the proposed and ongoing activities and ongoing activities
and necessary action in respect, therefore,
- Oversees regulatory compliances such as Company registration, trade, and qualities related compliances,
- Timely compilation of reports in MIS and generation of reports for taking an informed decision,
- Annual Work Plan and Business plan preparation,
- Initiate SJGPCL Goat business and make it sustainable in a period of 3 years,
- Meet targets and tight deadlines as planned by the Seemanchal Jeevika Goat Producer Company Limited (SJGPCL) for its business,
- Motivating and mobilizing the team to achieve deadlines and targets in a professional manner,
- Share weekly, Fortnightly, and Monthly Progress reports to the competent authority.
- Master’s degree or Post-Graduate or equivalent in the field of Veterinary Science/AnimalScience/Agriculture/Business Management/Agribusiness Management/Rural Management/ Rural Development/ Social Work.
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Hindi,
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills – proficiency in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is a must.