Assistant Manager – Climate Change
Do you wish to drive growth in climate change and associated sectors? Then this is the place for you! With several engagements in climate change and associated areas under our belt, MSC seeks to expand its global Climate Change practice to new thematic areas and geographies. Work with a highly motivated team on projects around renewable energy, climate-smart agriculture, and green finance, among various others. Join us today as an Assistant Manager to turbo-charge an emerging practice within MSC.
Interested! Discover more!
We seek candidates who are good at handling client relationships. They must believe in teamwork and possess excellent technical, leadership, and communication skills.
The Assistant Manager – Climate Change will:
- Support the business development and expansion of the Climate Change consulting practice at MSC;
- Help track and pursue business development opportunities in climate change consulting and associated thematic areas, such as climate-smart agriculture, green finance, renewable energy, among others;
- Support engagement with potential funders and clients in climate change and related segments;
- Support proposal and concept development;
- Support the delivery of services on new projects and assignments;
- Support the development of the Climate Change practice;
- Develop blogs, concept notes, whitepapers, and focus notes on strategic topics for publications and internal consumption.
Desired Experience :
- Demonstrated experience of business development in consultancy services in climate change and associated thematic areas, such as green finance, clean energy, and climate-smart agriculture,
- Proven experience of working and delivering on climate change consulting projects, and in leading and managing teams on those engagements,
- Experience in writing reports, developing presentations, research papers, and other technical publications on climate change and related thematic areas.
- A Masters/ Post-Graduate Degree in Energy and/or Climate Studies, Renewable Energy, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Rural Management or related fields, from reputed institutes in India/abroad.,
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in consultancy services for climate change, renewable energy, and/or related sectors,
- Demonstrated experience of working in technical assistance and consultancy projects in climate change, renewable energy, green finance, climate-smart agriculture, and related sectors.
- Sound understanding of, and technical expertise in, climate change and associated areas, and their ongoing evolution/development,
- Proven and demonstrated expertise in climate change consulting and associated areas.
Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills,
- Excellent oral communication skills in English,
- Strong interpersonal skills, and abilities to work as a team.
Other soft skills:
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, and driven,
- Passionate to work in the development sector, particularly in climate change,
- Abilities and proven experience to work in an unstructured/semi-structured environment,
- Willingness to travel extensively, as might be needed.