Senior Manager – Climate Change
Do you wish to drive growth in climate change and associated sectors? Then this is the place for you! With several engagements in climate change and associated areas under our belt, MSC seeks to expand its global Climate Change practice to new thematic areas and geographies. Work with a highly motivated team on projects around renewable energy, climate-smart agriculture, and green finance, among various others. Join us today as a Senior Manager to turbo-charge an emerging practice within MSC.
Interested! Discover more!
We seek candidates who are good at handling client relationships. They must believe in teamwork and possess excellent technical, leadership, and communication skills.
The Senior Manager – Climate Change will:
- Lead business and practice development to grow and expand the climate change consulting practice at MSC;
- Regularly track and pursue business development opportunities in climate change consulting and associated thematic areas, such as climate-smart agriculture, green finance, renewable energy, among others;
- Lead the ideation, concept development, and engagement with potential funders and clients to proactively generate funding for projects and programs aligned to the goals, priorities, and focus areas of funders in climate change and related segments;
- Lead proposal development based on relationships with funders or clients and by responding to calls for proposals, using individual credentials or expertise, and the strengths and expertise at MSC;
- Build the climate change practice through individual leadership, in collaboration with other teams at MSC;
- Grow the climate change practice team and provide leadership, mentoring, support, and guidance to the team members;
- Lead, organize, and deliver services on new projects and assignments;
- Build and strengthen the brand of the company in climate change consulting and related sectors;
- Develop blogs, concept notes, whitepapers, and focus notes on strategic topics for publications and internal consumption;
- Build and sustain senior-level client and funder relationships.
- Proven and demonstrated experience of practice building and business development in consultancy services in climate change and associated thematic areas, such as green finance, clean energy, and climate-smart agriculture,
- Proven strong and robust relationships at senior-level/decision-making levels across diverse funders of consultancy services in climate change. The funders can include philanthropic organizations, multilateral and bilateral institutions, governments, public institutions, the private sector, and other funders,
- Strong relationships with a range of funders, and proven experience to leverage them for business development and revenue generation,
- Proven experience in concept development and relationship-based engagements with funders leading to business generation in climate change and associated sectors,
- Proven experience in delivering on climate change consulting projects and in leading and managing teams on those engagements,
- Proven experience in managing client and senior-level/decision-making relationships with clients and funders.
- A Masters/ Post-Graduate Degree in Energy and/ or Climate Studies, Renewable Energy, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Rural Management or related fields, from reputed institutes in India/abroad,
- 8 to 15 years of experience working in consultancy services for climate change, renewable energy, and/or related sectors,
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in leading business development in climate change consultancy services,
- Demonstrated experience of working in technical assistance and consultancy projects in climate change, renewable energy, green finance, climate-smart agriculture, and related sectors.
Client management skills
- Excellent and proven funder and client engagement and management skills.
- Strong and proven abilities to develop, nurture and grow relationships with funders, donors and clients, and to leverage them for business growth,
- Passionate about client relationship development, management, and service delivery.
- Sound understanding of, and technical expertise in, climate change and associated areas, and their ongoing evolution/development,
- Proven and demonstrated expertise in climate change consulting and associated areas,
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent and proven client management, team management, and leadership skills,
- Excellent and proven ability to work effectively with others in the team,
- Experience in managing and delivering complex projects,
- Open to working in a multicultural environment, and effectively in small and large teams.
- Excellent ability to prepare documents, reports, and presentations,
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills,
- Excellent oral communication skills in English,
- Strong interpersonal skills, and abilities to develop and maintain effective working relationships with funders, clients, and other stakeholders.
Other Soft Skills
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, and driven,
- Passionate to work in the development sector, particularly in climate change,
- Abilities and proven experience to work in an unstructured/semi-structured environment,
- Willingness to travel extensively, as might be needed.