Consultant – Digital Financial Services
This is an opportunity to work with a well-established and promising international development consulting firm that continues to grow. As a member of the Digital Financial Services – Payments & Distribution team, s/he will interact with teams spread across the globe to learn, understand and contribute to the DFS strategy of the firm. The role is demanding but offers a rewarding opportunity to learn about different sectors in the DFS space and donors within international development and markets. Further, this role is ideal for someone with creative writing skills, knowledge of financial inclusion, being capable of multi-tasking, and contributing innovative ideas and solutions.
The incumbent must have a minimum of two (2) years of dedicated work experience in business operationalization in the field of digital financial services, regulatory and policy understanding, and assessment, digital identification is mandatory. Should have experience in managing relationships with policy makers, banks, fintechs, government, and think tanks in Bangladesh is preferred. Also should have experience in consulting, market research, product development, business strategy along with working in emerging markets is preferred.
- The consultant will support the delivery of assignments typically focussed on technical assistance to clients under MetLife’s i3 Programme in Bangladesh. S/he will also support other DFS initiatives in the Bangladesh market,
- The primary focus of the role is to contribute to the delivery of outstanding quality of work on assignments, within the approaches and frameworks set out by MSC standards.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationships,
- Author /Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.),
- Support the development and submission of proposals to generate business, as and when required ∙ Develop linkages with the junior staff of the client to gather assignment-related information/data,
- Actively engage in marketing activities such as Workshops, International Events, and Plenary Discussions.
- Participate in assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments under i3 program. Lead teams in assignments under supervision, which will include market visits,
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Execute assignments with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality ∙ Assist in the review of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients in i3 program,
- Assist in organizing national-level events and workshops for MSC, Bangladesh,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications, especially focussed on MetLife’s i3 program.
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in any science, engineering, commerce, or a related field is compulsory,
- A master’s degree in economics, public/business administration, social sciences, or a related field is desirable.
Skills and competencies:
- Familiarity with the human-centric design approach,
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills,
- Strong communicator who can work across cross-domains,
- Inspires others, influences and builds trust,
- Passionate about digital transformation to achieve large-scale impact,
- Ability to think and act strategically,
- Result-driven, problem-solver with structuring and analytic capabilities,
- Core consulting skills, desirable,
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English is mandatory