Manager – BFSI
Do you dream of gender equality? Do you worry that COVID-19 has set women back by a decade? Work with us toward women’s economic empowerment and help change the gender dynamics. MSC helps financial institutions, policymakers, investors, and donors across the globe design gender-intentional strategies, products, and services. Be a part of our vibrant organization and work in a multi-cultural setting that offers cross-learning opportunities in the financial services, livelihoods, and gender spaces. This role also offers an opportunity to travel and learn from different cultures. Apply now!
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant should have worked on gender-based assignments, particularly in gender programming, especially research, project design, implementation, management, and evaluation. They should know how to research, compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data around gender and WEE-FI issues and prepare high-quality reports based on their analysis. They must be familiar with gender analysis tools and methodologies, have formal training in gender analysis and gender planning, or both. The desirable skills for this role include expertise in mainstreaming gender in projects, gender lens investment, and future of work and experience in gender projects with the financial sector, development banks, governments, or think tanks.
This role will involve designing, implementing, and monitoring gender focussed projects by the Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) team. The position will be part of MSC’s BSFI team’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) practice. The Manager – BFSI will:
- Support consulting projects on women’s financial inclusion and economic empowerment;
- Coordinate with different country teams on gender and provide strategic and design inputs to MSC projects to ensure that gender issues are appropriately identified and addressed;
- Document and communicate best practices that emerge from MSC’s GESI work and help develop knowledge products, such as sectorial reports, policy briefs, and technical notes for policymakers and practitioners in the gender space;
- Manage strategic partnerships with stakeholders, especially with those who work for gender equality in the financial services sector;
- Develop and create business initiatives to enhance financial inclusion and the use of financial services and products, especially among women. Also, support work on strengthening the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion team’s work in the areas of GDD and GLI;
- Provide technical assistance and support to other development or inclusive finance projects or assignments and support the teams.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationships,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author/ Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/ Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.).
Human Capital Development:
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible,
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- MBA or Masters in Gender studies, or equivalent or other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint