Manager – BFSI
Join a talented team of BFSI professionals helping leading financial institutions across the world to design customer-centric strategies, products, and services. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant organization and work in a multi-cultural setting with cross-learning opportunities in financial services, livelihoods, and the WASH space. You will get to travel across the globe and learn from different cultures, helping you to grow not only professionally, but also personally.
Interested! Discover more!
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge and expertise in inclusive insurance and social security, inclusive finance, digital financial services, and market research. An understanding of micro-pensions, social security programs, among other related areas will be valued for the role.
As part of Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) domain’s initiatives on rural development such as SHGs, BC Sakhis, enterprise livelihoods clusters, digital economy, WASH, etc. you will work on aspects related to strategic and policy consulting working with the state government on policy formulations, governance models, and specific services and applications that can expand adoption of digital platforms increase the productivity of the economies. In addition, the incumbent will provide generic technical assistance and project support to other development/ inclusive finance projects/ assignments and support teams. The incumbent should have experience in the below-mentioned areas:
- Experience in Rural Development (RD) is a must,
- Previous consulting experience from the Big-4 will act as an added advantage,
- Possess and able to demonstrate existing partner/ client network in RD will be a plus.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he be part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author/ Co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/ Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.)
Human Capital Development
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/ large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-brief meetings of assignments where s/he will be responsible,
- Build rapport with various contact points at the client organization for the successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Masters-level degree (or higher) in banking, business administration, accounting, or economics
Sociology or related field
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competences:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint