Manager – BFSI
Here is an exciting opportunity for microinsurance experts to showcase their experience and capabilities—come and be a part of MSC’s Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) domain. We have exciting work for you! The role includes undertaking market research for insurance services and products, product development, business analysis, and strategy, among other related areas.
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge and expertise in inclusive insurance and social security, inclusive finance, digital financial services, and market research. An understanding of micro-pensions, social security programs, among other related areas will be valued for the role.
The Manager – BFSI will lead insurance-focused assignments and projects and other interventions of the BFSI domain. The candidate will become our in-house insurance expert and thought leader for MSC and hence, should be able to plan, lead and execute projects in partnership with other team-members of the BFSI team and other MSC teams.
The candidate should also be able to provide generic technical assistance and project support to other non-insurance or inclusive finance projects or assignments and support teams.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop client relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business—particularly for the practice group they are part of
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.
- Author and co-author thematic publications, such as focus notes and briefing notes to be developed from field experiences
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogs in the form of blogs and discussion forums
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “quality of delivery” and feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge that add value to the organization
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium- and large-scale technical assistance assignments
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where the candidate is responsible
- Build rapport with various contact points at the client organization to execute the assignments successfully
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications
- Masters-level degree (or higher) in banking, business administration, accounting, or economics
- Sociology or related field
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint