Manager – Digital
Do you believe in the transformative power of technology to consistently and sustainably improve the lives of the poor and underprivileged? Then this is the place for you! Join our highly motivated and experienced team of consultants who work with governments across Asia and Africa. Work with us to create social impact through interventions in the form of policies and technology around social protection, food security, agriculture, rural development, and urban development, among others.
Interested! Discover more!
We seek candidates with deep technical expertise to help us delver further into analyzing and defining technical solutions and implementing Proof of Concepts (PoCs). The applicant should have expertise in technology areas that align with our aspirations, such as global development, government advisory, digital technology for governance, among others.
As part of the Centre for Responsible Technology (CRT) team at MSC, you will work with governments, development agencies, donors, and other institutions and will be responsible for:
- Define the IT architecture, principles, and technology stack using best practices and standards from the industry;
- Manage activities during the ideation, design, and implementation of solutions;
- Review the business context for solutions, recommend potential solutions, select the optimal option, and develop a roadmap for the chosen solution;
- Communicate the architecture to the stakeholders, and collaborate and coordinate with domain teams during different phases of the projects;
- Research, review, and make recommendations on architectural aspects and technology for projects across domains;
Anchoring technical solutions during RFIs, RFPs, or prototype development;
- Creation and maintenance of software design and development-related documentation;
- Define and validate non-functional requirements (NFRs), including security, performance, among others;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and provide thought leadership across business and technical project dimensions to meet complex business requirements;
- Work with external software vendors during the design and implementation phases;
- Look out for technology trends and open-source projects that can be used in business.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationships,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author/ Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/ Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.).
Human Capital Development:
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible,
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- BE or B.Tech or other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
Essential work experience:
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing solutions for Large organizations or Governments using open source technologies,
- Analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Conversant with widely used architecture/ design patterns,
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary,
- The ability to multitask and prioritize is a must,
- Excellent communication skills, project management skills, intellectual curiosity, and passion for the social and development sector,
- Experience in one or more of the following technology areas – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud,
- Data and Analytics, Process Automation, Digital Transformation,
- Technically creative and open-minded,
- TOGAF Certification will be a plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint