Manager – Government and Social Impact
Interested in public policy? Want to improve the lives of the poor and underprivileged? Have a knack for consulting and research? Then this is the place for you! As a Manager, you will be part of a highly motivated and experienced team of consultants who work with governments across Asia and Africa to create impact through government policies related to social protection, technology, food security, agriculture, rural development, and urban development, among others. Join us!
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant must have deep expertise in the domain of social welfare subsidies, including food, fuel, and fertilizer subsidies. They should also be an expert in new sectors or capabilities that align with our aspirations, such as global development, public policy, economics, government advisory, digital technology for governance, among others.
As part of the Government and Social Impact (GSI) team at MSC, the Manager will work with governments, development agencies, donors, and other institutions to:
- Define, design, and improve strategy and public policy choices
- Design and manage research/study projects to gather evidence to improve the delivery of social welfare and development programs
- Reengineer and digitize processes to deliver efficient and targeted services and benefits
- Conduct pilots and support implementation
- Monitor and evaluate programs
You will also manage collection and data analysis, write reports, blogs and articles. You will also be responsible for business development and client relationship management.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationships,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author/ Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/ Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.).
Human Capital Development:
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible,
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- MBA or Masters in Public Policy, Public Health, Economics, Public Administration, Social Work, Rural Development, Agri-Business or related areas
- Other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
Essential work experience:
- Experience in the development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/ development agency, research organization, or government,
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity, and passion for the social and development sector,
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors – Food, agriculture, petroleum (LPG, fertilizer), rural development, women and child development, social protection, education, and energy,
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs,
- Social welfare program implementation,
- Social protection effectiveness evaluation,
- Process reengineering and digitization,
- Social welfare program design and direct benefit transfer,
- Financial inclusion,
- Public finance and expenditure,
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint