Manager – Government and Social Impact
If you are interested in public policy, wish to improve the lives of the poor and underprivileged, and have a knack for consulting and research, then this is the role for you.
You will be part of a highly motivated and experienced team of consultants who work with governments across Asia and Africa to create social impact through government policies related to social protection, technology, food security, agriculture, rural development, and urban development, among others. Join us!
Interested! Discover more!
Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision, ability to develop client relationships and win business, strong field orientation, and proven interpersonal, leadership, decision-making, problem-solving, and people management skills.
As part of the Government and Social Impact (GSI) team, you will work with governments, development agencies, donors, and other institutions to :
- Define, design, and improve strategy and public policy choices,
- Design and manage research/study projects to gather evidence to improve the delivery of social welfare and development programs,
- Reengineer and digitize processes to deliver efficient and targeted services and benefits,
- Conduct pilots and support implementation,
- Monitor and evaluate programs.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible,
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for the successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- MBA or Masters in Public Policy, Public Health, Economics, Public Administration, Social Work, Rural Development, Agri-Business or related areas,
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
- Experience in development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/development agency, research organization, or government,
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity, and passion for the social and development sector,
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors – Food, agriculture, petroleum (LPG, fertilizer), rural development, women and child development, social protection, education, and energy,
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas:
o Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs,
o Social welfare program implementation,
o Social protection effectiveness evaluation,
o Process reengineering and digitization,
o Social welfare program design and direct benefit transfer,
o Financial inclusion,
o Public finance and expenditure,
o Monitoring and evaluation,
o Human-centered design,
o Project management.
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, local and global think tanks, and industry will be given priority,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint.