Manager – Health and Nutrition
Do you want to join an enthusiastic team and work on the largest social safety net program in the world? What’s more, this program targets more than 800 million households across the country, and your help would impact 70% of the Indian population. If you have experience in nutrition-related programs, particularly nutrition policy, have worked on strategy consulting or strategy and public policy, and have experience in the nutrition and health sector or multilateral organizations, think tanks, donor and development agencies, and governments, then this opportunity awaits you. Apply now!
Interested! Discover more!
We seek an expert in strategy consulting with top consulting firms (preferred) or strategy or public policy experience in the nutrition and health sector or multilateral organizations, think tanks, donors or development agencies, and the government. The applicant should also have technical knowledge and experience in nutrition-related programs, particularly nutrition policy. They should have knowledge and field experience in nutrition programs, familiarity with PDS, ICDS, MDM, fortification, key stakeholders, and relevant government policies and strategies.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationships,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.,
- Author/ Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/ Briefing notes),
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums, etc.).
Human Capital Development:
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments,
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible,
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments,
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence,
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis,
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- MBA, master’s in healthcare, public health, public policy, economics, food technology, nutrition, and dietetics or related areas.
Essential work experience:
Experience in one or more of the following functional areas –
- Nutrition centric programs,
- Working with international partners/donors, government officials, bureaucrats, politicians, etc,
- Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs,
- Public health nutrition,
- Policy and Management,
- Project management,
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks, and industry will be a plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint