Manager – Indonesia
We are hiring! We seek a technology specialist or solutions architect to join our advisory team in the Jakarta office.
Are you passionate about leveraging technology to build an inclusive and equitable digital economy in Indonesia and have experience in information and communication technology? Then look no further. This role will allow you to fulfill your passion while enabling professional growth. Apply now!
Interested! Discover more!
The candidate should be fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and should also have excellent English language skills (both written and spoken). Should bring prior experience in biometric-enabled digital identity systems, social assistance delivery and agent/merchant networks, Public Financial Management (PFM) systems, real-time unified payment gateways and retail payment systems, and e-governance systems. Previous experience in project management and deploying technology in the social sector will be an advantage.
Lead and support technical delivery
- Working with technical teams on technology-oriented projects in the space of digital financial inclusion and other development domains,
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it,
- Lead some of the technology implementation-oriented projects at CPD Indonesia domain at MSC and create deliverables such as functional and solution specifications, system, deployment and solution architectures, Commercial off-the-shelf Software and solution recommendation documents, Request for Proposals (RFPs), and Expression of Interests (EoIs) Continually researching current and emerging technologies especially in the social sector domain,
- Informing project stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have,
- Providing updates to project stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery” (QoD)/feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Document a technology 101 (toolkit), especially for staff who do not have a technology background at MSC,
- Build internal capacities of the staff on emerging technologies and their potential in the social sector,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills, knowledge which adds value to the organization.
- Participate in project set-up and de-briefing meetings,
- Execute projects with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients, policymakers, and government ministries,
- Support the process of report writing and data analysis.
- Conceptualize technology-oriented social programs and scope funding for the same from international development agencies, multilateral and governments,
- Lead proposal writing for projects (are aligned with MSC vision) that involve technology implementation in the social sector – financial services, health, agriculture, etc,
- Relationship management with key stakeholders including funding partners, clients, policymakers, and government agencies.
- Masters in IT/Engineering/Computer Sciences,
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design. The candidate is able to conceive and articulate solutions, and system and deployment architectures for the abovementioned systems,
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases,
- Evaluating and assessing technology frameworks and digital tools which have the potential for integration with existing systems,
- Advising clients on digital tool implementation and integration during the pilot implementation,
- Developing technology/ digital tool requirements specifications or features for specific requirements,
- Previous project management experience is advantageous,
- Previous experience in deploying technology in the social sector is preferred,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Proficient in word, excel, and PowerPoint