Research Analyst-Short Term
MSC is seeking for a short term consultant for a landscaping study that aims at identifying the emerging solutions and analyzing the likelihood that the solutions themselves and the overall business models have the potential to reach excluded market segments at scale.
Research experience in DFS sectors. Proficiency in French is mandatory and a good level in English will be preferred.
This landscaping study aims at identifying the emerging solutions and analyzing the likelihood that the solutions themselves and the overall business models have the potential to reach excluded market segments at scale
More specifically, the study will:
- Provide a comprehensive landscape of the latest fintech solutions in Francophone Africa: Senegal; Ivory Coast, Benin, Togo, Mali, and Congo DRC;
- Analyze the potential for fintechs to reach, either directly or by enabling other providers to do so: a) individuals, notably low-income and women; and b) enterprises, notably small ones;
- Identify the enabling factors and drivers for fintechs to either exist or to reach excluded market segments;
- Identify the common issues and barriers in terms of regulations, infrastructure, business models, or any other relevant factor, including identification systems and open application programming interface;
- Benchmark countries and fintechs;
- Make recommendations as to how the main bottlenecks could be overcome, including ideas to pilot new products or services.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with the other members of the project team in ensuring data integrity on surveys, ensure quality management within data analysis within the set standards, report writing, research design and implementation as well as contribute towards the overall achievement of the research objectives set out for the project.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- Contribute towards the overall research design and implementation of research carried out under the Francophone Africa fintech landscape study project which involves working with partners as well as creating the relevant partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure quality control and assurance of field research and data analysis carried out.
- Compile and write foundational research reports on agent networks based on the wealth of data in order to achieve the project research objectives.
- Analyse primary data and co-author key synthesis report(s).
- Co-Author blog(s) based on data as well as current DFS trends on the MSC and Helix websites.
- Actively participate and contribute towards partnership development and associated activities.
- Contribute towards organizational development by being a team player, and upholding organizational culture, values and reputation
How to apply: To be considered for this consultancy position, please send your recent CV and a short cover letter via email detailing your specific qualifications, relevant skills, expertise and daily fee rate in USD (inclusive of all applicable taxes) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the job posting is for short term project-based consultants and not full-time employees