Senior Analyst – Banking
The Senior Analyst is responsible for contributing to the achievement of institutional objectives by delivering exemplary services to clients by responding to the needs of specific projects and situations. The Senior Analyst will lead tasks or work streams within an assignment typically focussed on the technical support to clients across various domains.
The Senior Analyst will also provide on-going support and guidance to staff within their area of responsibility to ensure that they deliver their roles to an appropriate level of quality and according to the approaches and frameworks set out by MicroSave. Senior Analysts will continue to build their knowledge and expertise in core areas of MicroSave’s client delivery work and may start to specialize in the work of a particular Practice or Domain.
Ideal candidate should bring in core banking expertise. She/he should have an excellent academic background and project management and consulting experience will be preferred.
The candidate should have excellent team management, report writing, documentation, analytical and interpersonal skills. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead delivery of technical assistance to clients while ensuring high quality of delivery, and strict adherence to timelines
- Mentor junior team members and help them in their professional development
- Contribute towards organizational development by being a team player, and upholding organizational culture, values and reputation
- Develop and publish knowledge resources (policy brief, research papers etc.) through identifying key issues, lessons learned and best practices in programs and projects undertaken with different clients and in different geographies.
The candidate should be willing to travel and spend 70% of the time on on-site assignments. The candidate needs to have exceptional presentation and report writing capabilities.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of
- Represent MicroSave at conferences etc.
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
Qualifications and Competencies:-
Academic/ professional qualifications:-
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent.
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience with banks
- Experience in emerging markets and an understanding of financial inclusion
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills including flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams, ideally multiple teams in developing environments
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment
Skills and competencies:-
- Thorough understanding of bank functions including understanding SME finance and the challenges banks face in SME
- Experience of credit/risk/core branch operations is required
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral