Manager – Behavioral Economics Expert
Come, be a part of a team that works on some of the most challenging problems that low and middle income households face! Since you are reading this, you know the contextual circumstances are not rational and challenges are not a clear and straight road. Behavioral issues undermine each and every action. MSC’s work on behavioral design spans across multiple sectors such as financial services, health, entrepreneurship, gender, livelihoods, and climate change. We are looking for an enthusiastic behavioral researcher and designer to work with us in our efforts to solve some of the world’s difficult problems.
Interested! Discover more!
The resource will be housed with-in the behavioral research and design practice and build business. The resource will be available to work with other domains at MSC for 40% of her/his time. The role of expert will evolve over time depending on business opportunities’ trends.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organisation
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organisation for successful execution of the assignments
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications
- Graduation/post-graduation in behavioral economics/sciences
- Extensive work experience on developing behavioral solutions
Specific technical skills:
- Scope and develop strategic partnerships with sectorial players working in the sector of behavioral design
- Lead technical assistance on projects which require behavioral design expertise and/or analysis of data from behavioral scient perspective
- Design and lead execution of policy and other market researches to explore human behavior in diverse sectors such as financial inclusion, MSME development, health and nutrition, gender, education, and livelihoods
- Lead drafting sectorial reports/knowledge products and launching these in multi-stakeholder meetings
- Develop multiple knowledge products and lead marketing of behavioral science collaterals
- Proven ability to apply behavioral science lens to development sector
- Proven ability to design, execute and evaluation behavioral interventions
- Experience of working with the donors to develop behaviorally informed interventions, program designs
- Experience of designing and running behavioral labs
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, French desired
- Ability to lead strategic planning
- Willingness to travel
- Proven business execution, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams
Important note: We want a native English speaker, preferably from US and/or some who has studied BE from US.