Manager – Payments and Distribution
Are you a people person with client consulting at the core? Do you get fascinated with innovations in digital payments and how silently this growth has an impact on the lives of low- and middle-income segments? If you just answered YES, then this opportunity is for you. Join us to collaborate with government and private players to revolutionize digital payments in India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and other developing nations. We are the think tanks behind most financial inclusion initiatives. We work with several high-profile donors, such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Metlife Foundation, and JP Morgan Chase to transform the lives of the most vulnerable sections of society. Join us!
Interested! Discover more!
The Manager will also provide on-going support and guidance to staff within their area of responsibility to ensure that they deliver their roles to an appropriate level of quality and according to the approaches and frameworks set out by MSC. Manager will continue to build their knowledge and expertise in core areas of MSC’s client delivery work and may start to specialize in the work of a particular Practice or Domain.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of
- Represent MSC at conferences etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organisation
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organisation for successful execution of the assignments
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publication.
Academic/ professional qualifications:
- Masters level degree ( or higher) in Banking/Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/
- Sociology or related field
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in domains such as consulting or research or other relevant areas
- Experience in the delivery of technical assistance programs
- Experience in technology-enabled financial inclusion assignments/ work streams
- Experience of working and interacting with key government and industry stakeholders in the financial inclusion space
- Experience of working on proposals for business developments
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative, and proven problem-solving skills
- Exceptional report structuring and storyboarding skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build client relationships and develop business opportunities
- Strong attention to detail with good field orientation and proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint