Senior Analyst- Payments and Distribution
The Senior Analyst is responsible for contributing to the achievement of institutional objectives by delivering exemplary services to clients by responding to the needs of specific projects and situations. The Senior Analyst will lead tasks or work streams within an assignment typically focussed on the technical support to clients across various domains.
The Senior Analyst will also provide on-going support and guidance to staff within their area of responsibility to ensure that they deliver their roles to an appropriate level of quality and according to the approaches and frameworks set out by MicroSave. Senior Analysts will continue to build their knowledge and expertise in core areas of MicroSave’s client delivery work and may start to specialize in the work of a particular Practice or Domain.
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop Client Relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Practice Group s/he is part of
- Represent MicroSave at conferences etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from field experiences (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organisation
- Lead or assist with the planning and implementation of medium/large technical assistance assignments
- Conduct assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings of assignments where s/he is responsible
- Builds rapport with various contact points at the client organisation for successful execution of the assignments
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Oversee and support the process of report writing and data analysis
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Contribute to the development of MicroSave’s toolkits and other publication.
Academic/ professional qualifications:
- Masters level degree ( or higher) in Banking/Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/
- Sociology or related field
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialisation
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in Banking or Microfinance
- Experience in Payment and Settlement covering various modes (on-net and off-net).
- Off net would include deep understanding of IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, card processing, card networks etc.
- Experience in technology enabled financial inclusion and in managing mobile banking / agency banking initiatives
Skills and competencies:
- He/ She needs to be familiar with merchant acquisition, merchant on-boarding, settlement, dispute resolution for various types of cards / transactions.
- Knowledge of back office operations in above network operations is desirable.
- Ability to lead assignments and teams and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business
- A strong field orientation and proven inter personal skills
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and people-management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point