Senior Design Consultant
We are looking for a senior designer to create a Design Centre, and infuse design ethos through the organisation review. In addition, the incumbent will re-design the layout of our knowledge material (BNs, IFNs, PBs etc. as well as reports, proposals etc.) and create visual guidelines for the brand.
We are looking for a self-starter with the right attitude, capable of thinking within and out of the box. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and a high degree of proficiency in various graphic and design tools/software. Experience in digital/web design and programming will be preferred. The designer will lead the Design team and will be expected to independently design and deliver on a range of visual design, branding and communication related areas.
The Design team at MicroSave works closely with all programmes within the institution and handles the branding and visual design of all communication materials. They work on the design and branding of a range of collaterals such as report, promotional material, websites, apps, etc. The team also handles the visual communication and branding for the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Overseeing all internal and external visual communication (brochures, flyers, posters, reports, websites, newsletters, e-mailers, collaterals, etc.);
- Handling projects from ideation to execution: From designing to artwork to final execution;
- Understanding the team’s demands and workflows by actively engaging in concept discussion with all teams and prioritizing work efficiently;
- Managing multiple deliverables, concurrently, with minimum guidance and without compromising on quality;
- Working on different branding solutions: Brand Identity, Brand Support, Outreach Design, Report Design, Website Design and Management;
- Coordinating with external vendors/printers to ensure timely delivery with no compromise on quality;
- Helping manage and mentor junior teammates by providing guidance, feedback, and assistance as required;
- 6 to 10 preferred experience in advertising agency, exposure to international standards, comfortable working with clients in remote locations, proven leadership record;
- Expertise in design principles like colour, typography, photography layouts, trending design practices, upcoming tools and software;
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office;
- Sound knowledge of Design principles like colour, typography, photography layouts and usability; awareness of the trending design practices, user experience and upcoming tools/software;
- Experience in print and web/screen design;
- Experience in designing visuals and materials for social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn);
- Great aesthetic sense, high quality work output, versatility, quick response to deadlines and a keen eye for details;
- A well rounded design portfolio;
- Good time management skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects, in a non-micro managed environment;
- High integrity and work ethics with a self-motivated, positive attitude;
- Strong communication and written skills in English, Kannada or Hindi;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; the ability to work both independently and within interdisciplinary teams;
- Working knowledge in Photography, Drawing/Sketching, Animation, HTML, Web programming, WordPress or any CMS based web applications and Hosting sites on FTP would be an added advantage.
- Ability to set-up processes for project management and ensure compliance within the team.