Senior Manager – BFSI
Are you tired of gender-blind policies and operations? Is achieving gender equality your dream? Are you concerned that COVID-19 has set women back by a decade? If yes, come work with us! MSC helps financial institutions, policymakers, investors, and donors across the world design gender-intentional strategies, products, and services. Be a part of our vibrant organization and work in a multi-cultural setting that offers cross-learning opportunities in the financial services, livelihoods, and gender spaces. This role also offers an opportunity to travel and learn from different cultures. Apply now!
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant must be fluent in Bangla and English. They must have the ability to communicate complex ideas meaningfully to diverse audiences. The applicant should have links with a range of stakeholders within the industry, including policymakers. They must have relationship-building skills and the ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
The position will be part of MSC’s Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BSFI) team’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) practice.
- Specifically, this will, among other things, entail:Lead and support consulting projects in Bangladesh;
- Lead and support the development of knowledge products, including sectorial reports, policy briefs, technical notes for policymakers and practitioners;
- Monitor the planning, implementation, and progress of projects that seek to promote gender equality;
- Provide feedback to MSC’s projects in Bangladesh to ensure that gender issues are identified and addressed;
- Develop strategic partnerships with stakeholders, especially those who work for gender equality in the financial services sector in the country;
- Develop and create business initiatives to enhance financial inclusion and the use of financial services and products, especially among women in Bangladesh;
- Work closely with the global Gender Equality and Social Inclusion team at MSC to expand the portfolio of projects.
- Assist in the identification, communication, and negotiation of business opportunities,
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen client relationships,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Domain/ Practice Group s/he leads or is part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops, etc.,
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications capturing innovative ideas /new trends, future of the sector, etc,
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues linking MSC work and Publications.
Human Capital Development
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or Domain,
- Lead assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings for allocated assignments,
- Lead assignments as allocated,
- Quality control training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Conduct final quality control reviews of and sign off on reports/documents for delivery to clients,
- Conduct “Client Feedback” calls after the completion of assignments,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, statistics, public policy, gender studies, social science, or related fields from a reputed institution.
Essential work experience:
- Experience in working with the financial service providers and/or in delivery of financial services to the excluded segments, especially women,
- Experience of working in the sector(s) that deliver services to women is desirable,
- An added plus will be the experience of designing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating, and implementing donor programs focused on gender,
- Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking skills, strong research aptitude, ability to analyze complex quantitative and qualitative data and formulate solutions,
- Prior experience of working with the government of Bangladesh will be a plus,
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines,
- The operating style suited to working independently and in a small-organization setting, where resourcefulness is highly valued
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Ability to work under pressure by handling competing priorities, attention to detail, and delivering high-quality outputs,
- Ability to develop and implement training programs,
- Proficient in excel, word, and PowerPoint,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English – particularly for documenting the progress of Microfinance programs