Senior Manager – BFSI
Join our team to seize the opportunities of the digital age to build customer-centric strategies, products, and services for low- and moderate-income communities across Asia and Africa. This leadership position will put you at the cutting edge of the rapidly evolving banking, financial services, and insurance and livelihood sectors to lead teams of outstanding, committed professionals across a wide range of countries. Challenge yourself, step up, seize the moment, and be part of the change.
Interested! Discover more!
The incumbent must bring experience in the digital economy, along with previous international or consulting experience from the Big-4 will act as an added advantage. Should possess partner/ client network in the digital economy. Should have experience in designing/ executing livelihoods for the poor programs, such as MSME policy with government, developing cluster, supply chain development, supply chain digitization, social commerce. Also has experience in e-commerce platforms, such as CRM, designing e-Commerce platform, marketing, and communications especially for women, and rural areas, platform supply chain logistics, and platform interface design.
The incumbent will lead livelihoods and digital economy initiatives. The candidate will develop business in the livelihoods sector, specifically in the digital economy. This can include aspects related to infrastructure deployment, strategic regulations, governance models, and specific services and applications that can expand the adoption of digital platforms increase the productivity of the economies. In addition, the candidate will also provide generic technical assistance and project support to other development/ inclusive finance projects/ assignments and support teams. The candidate will also lead and mentor a team of professionals.
- Assist in the identification, communication, and negotiation of business opportunities,
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen client relationship,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Domain/ Practice Group s/he leads or be part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops, etc.,
- Author/ Co-author of thematic publications capturing innovative ideas/ new trends, future of the sector, etc.,
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues linking MSC work and publications.
Human Capital Development
- Conduct ‘Quality of Delivery’/ Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or Domain,
- Lead assignment set-up and de-brief meetings for allocated assignments,
- Lead assignments as allocated,
- Deliver quality control training courses, prepare research papers, develop curriculum, and provide technical assistance to the clients,
- Conduct final quality control reviews and sign off on reports/ documents for delivery to clients,
- Conduct ‘Client Feedback’ calls after the completion of assignments,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- MBA or any other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competences:
- Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Ability to develop and implement training programs,
- Proficient in excel, word, and PowerPoint,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English – particularly for documenting the progress of Microfinance programs.