Senior Manager – Digital Payments
We seek a dynamic and motivated person to deliver on a fascinating and impactful range of digital payments projects. Join our competent team in Anglophone Africa to design and implement digital payment strategies focused on the varied needs of emerging markets and segments. We work closely with our stakeholders to deliver financial, social, and economic services focused on digital inclusion. Be part of an acclaimed team working across Anglophone Africa.
Interested! Discover more!
The applicant should bring a deep understanding and experience in setting up and managing payments systems in Africa with a special focus on inclusive technologies that suit the market. Should have an excellent and wide knowledge base on global best practices in the payment space and their applicability in the African context. The incumbent should be able to write and present to various stakeholders and should have excellent written English skills. Strong knowledge of private sectors development issues, such as agriculture, youth, gender, water and sanitation, health and hygiene, environment, and energy would be an added advantage. Should also have a demonstrable passion for inclusive finance, Should possess sharp business acumen, and strong business analysis skills.
The Senior Manager – Digital Payments, will have specific responsibilities that include:
- Build the business as a lead for digital payments in the Anglophone Africa domain of MSC,
- Lead delivery of technical assistance to clients while ensuring high quality of delivery, and strict adherence to timelines,
- Mentor junior team members and help them in their professional development,
- Contribute to organizational development by being a team player, and upholding organizational culture, values, and reputation,
- Develop and publish knowledge resources (blogs, case studies, research papers, etc.) through identifying key issues, lessons learned, and best practices in programs and projects undertaken with different clients and in different geographies,
- Openness and willingness to travel and spend over 40% of the time on on-site assignments.
- Conceptualize programs and scope funding for the same from international development agencies, multilateral, and governments,
- Lead concept and proposal writing for projects (are aligned with MSC vision) on diverse opportunities to enhance financial, social, and economic inclusion through inclusive banking and financial services approaches,
- Relationship management with key stakeholders including funding partners, clients, policymakers, and government agencies,
- Author or co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences,
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues.
Lead and support technical design and delivery of projects
- Develop, lead, and deliver technical projects on digital payments,
- Manage training and capacity building of participants on digital payments from various sectors.
- Participate in project set-up and de-briefing meetings,
- Lead and deliver on projects and assignments,
- Execute projects with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients, policymakers, and government ministries,
- Review reports and presentations developed by practice group team members,
- Lead report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with key staff of the client to gather project-related information,
- Review training courses delivered, the curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Conduct feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Build internal capacities of the staff on banking and financial services, emerging technologies, and their potential for the inclusive finance sector,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge to add value to the organization.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent or other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
- Experience in consulting and advisory services to clients, especially in Africa. Additional experience in other countries is desirable,
- Ability to connect and persuade at the CXO level across a variety of organizations,
- Good understanding of local markets to have the context of the DFS and FinTechs,
- Hands-on experience in setting up and managing complex payment systems and products,
- Experience and understanding of the large complex multi-country programs and project management,
- Experience in managing multi-client projects with a focus on outcomes within the budget and other constraints,
- Experience in writing business proposals and concept papers.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Ability to develop and implement training programs,
- Proficient in excel, word, and PowerPoint,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English.