Senior Manager – HR Operations
Want to be a part of an HR team driving operational excellence, innovation, and transformation to support one of the most progressive development sector consulting companies? Take the challenge to onboard talent using social media and technology – and take the employee life-cycle process to new heights?
If yes – come be a part of the global HR team with MSC!
Interested! Discover more!
The incumbent should have experience in translating strategies into operational plans for implementation, with adequate monitoring mechanisms: expertise in leveraging social media and technology for hiring, building our Employer Value Proposition, and other operations areas: an experience in influencing and persuading multiple stakeholders by offering different perspectives and alternative options whilst being mindful of operational and cultural needs and differences: an experience of gathering multiple perspectives and points of views for informed decision making: an experience of working under pressure and effectively managing multiple tasks, demands and deadlines, under minimal supervision: an experience of operating in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-country environment: and experience of engaging with a young, energetic and ambitious workforce with an average age less than 35 years.
The Senior Manager, HR Operations will be responsible for maintaining effective and relevant HR practices and systems for providing services to MSC and its staff in order to realize MSC’s strategic objectives and enhance its reputation as both a provider of services to clients and as an employer of choice. The incumbent will be responsible for setting up robust and contemporary Talent Acquisition strategies and processes, to meet MSC’s talent needs and build a pipeline for the future. This position also takes the lead in establishing, improving, and digitizing employee life-cycle related processes and systems, compensation and benefits management, staff contracting, global mobility, Dashboarding, and analytics. The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Manager, P&OE to achieve these objectives.
This role is responsible for providing leadership and line-management support to the HR team within the HR Operations function, and for ensuring the function’s compliance with institutional policies and processes.
Human Resources Operations Planning
- Develop, implement, and monitor robust processes for hiring, CV database management, pipeline building, with a bias towards leveraging social media and technology,
- Trial probation period management, and exit management,
- Establish and continuously develop an HR Dashboard and associated metrics, in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that MSC has the human resources required across is technical and corporate functions, based on specifications provided by department heads, to meet its strategic objectives,
- Support the AD, HC to lead and facilitate the recruitment process for management positions and ensure that all hiring are conducted in accordance within stipulated timelines, salary parameters, and institutional guidelines,
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure people with the right skills, experiences, attitudes, and values are appointed to achieve MSC’s objectives,
- Liaise with HR partners/consultants to ensure that open positions are properly advertised and recruitment processes are followed to fruition. Directly and actively participate in screening job applicants, organizing and conducting written tests, reference checks, and conducting interviews. Ensure that appropriate channels of recruitment, including digital channels are optimally utilized,
- Oversee the preparation and review of offer letters, employment contracts, and other consultancy contracts, ensure that contracts remain compliant with relevant labor regulations.
Internal Processes and Systems
- Work with the CHRO on strategic HR issues to strengthen the human resource system within the organization and realign HC processes and practices with MSC strategy,
- Develop, review and make recommendations on Human Resources operational policies and procedures in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, mentoring, training, and development to ensure MSC recruits and retains the competencies the organization needs to maintain and grow the business,
- Review and update MSC’s Staff Handbook and HR Policies as required, to ensure that it remains relevant to MSC’s needs,
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of labour regulations, in the markets we operate to ensure that all MSC’s staff policies are in compliance,
- Work with the CHRO to address employee grievances and resolve disciplinary cases in consultation with their relevant supervisors, in accordance with applicable labour laws and MSC policies,
- Ensure that all staff benefits, such as life insurance and health insurance, are up to date and that staff comply with health and safety requirements,
- Manage the filing, storage, and security of all HR related documents for all employees and ensure that information on all employees is up-to-date,
- Oversee the maintenance of monthly leave records,
- Oversee the management of staff insurance details with support from CFO,
- Oversee the filing of contracts and identify and implement actions required to extend or review contracts in a timely fashion.
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversee the processing of all salary changes due to merit increases, promotions, bonuses, and pay adjustments and ensure that all necessary documents are received and information is forwarded to the Finance Department each month for salary processing,
- Conduct benchmark surveys, as may be required from time to time, to inform MSC’s compensation and benefits policy,
- Ensure correlation of MSC’s PMS with Variable Pay programme including but not limited to bonus; alignment of individual ratings, performance and stakeholder feedback with variable compensation pay-outs,
- Maintain a compensation structure for all relevant staff that is internally equitable and externally competitive – in order to attract, retain, and motivates them.
Assignment Terms and Conditions
- Develop and continuously update and refine MSC’s Global Mobility Policy (GMP) on the assignment of staff to offshore locations and ensure all such assignees comply with the relevant features and provisions of MSC’s policy on short, mid, and long term assignments.
- Identify and provide ongoing formal/informal capacity development opportunities to all employees directly reporting to this position,
- Monitor, manage, and report on the performance of all employees directly reporting to this position, including setting monthly objectives, timelines, and performance as reflected in their annual job plan.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant degree with professional HR qualification,
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Expertise in Human Resources operations, policies, and systems development,
- Drive, initiative and attention to detail whilst being mindful of big picture thinking,
- Interpersonal and communications skills,
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills,
- Customer and client-focused,
- Influencing & personal leadership skills,
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills,
- Prioritization, time & change management skills,
- Planning and organizational skills.