Senior Manager – Indonesia
We are hiring! We seek a Senior Manager to join our advisory team in the Jakarta office.
If you are passionate about using technology to build an inclusive and equitable digital economy in Indonesia and have experience in digital finance, FinTech, banking, or social assistance delivery, then look no further, we have a role that will allow you to fulfill your passion while enabling professional growth. Join us!
Interested! Discover more!
The candidate should be fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and should also have excellent English language skills (both written and spoken). Should bring experience in two to three of these thematic areas - banking, digital finance, FinTech, social assistance delivery digital ID, and agriculture. Should have extensive experience in project management, delivery of technical assistance programs or management consulting, monitoring and evaluation at all phases of project design and documentation, experience with policymakers, regulators, government stakeholders, and international development agencies.
- The Senior Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of MSC’s objectives by delivering exemplary client work and supporting the development of the Indonesia office,
- The primary focus of this role is to serve clients by responding to the needs of specific projects and situations,
- The Senior Manager will lead assignments typically focused on technical support to clients predominantly within their domain or practice group. These clients are likely to include a range of government ministries, regulators, financial service providers, and international development agencies,
- The Senior Manager will also provide ongoing support and guidance to staff within their area of responsibility to ensure that they deliver as per their roles to an appropriate level of quality and according to the approaches and frameworks set out by MSC,
- The Senior Manager will build a strong knowledge and expertise in the core areas of MSC’s work in client delivery and specialize in the activities of a particular practice group or domain,
- All staff are responsible for exemplifying and promoting MSC’s vibrant organizational culture.
- Help identify, communicate, and negotiate business opportunities,
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients,
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen the client relationship,
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business—particularly for the domain or practice group they lead or are part of,
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops, etc.,
- Author or co-author thematic publications that capture innovative ideas or new trends, the future of the sector, etc,
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogs to link MSC’s work and publications.
Human capital development
- Conduct “quality of delivery” or feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with quality control guidelines,
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate.,
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning and implementation of assignments involving project teams within the Indonesia office,
- Lead assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings for allocated assignments,
- Lead assignments as allocated,
- Maintain quality control of training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curricula developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Conduct final quality control reviews and sign off on reports or documents for delivery to clients,
- Conduct “client feedback” calls after the completion of assignments,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
- Masters Degree in Banking/Business Administration/ /Economics/Information Technology/Agriculture/Development or related field,
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead teams and assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision,
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
- Ability to develop and implement training programs,
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint,
- Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English—particularly for report writing and/or documenting the progress of and lessons from projects.