Opportunity to be part of impactful work in West Africa
MSC seeks French-speaking associate consultants for a potential study in Togo, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Senegal. The study will examine the needs of microenterprises and underserved populations including youth, women, and smallholder farmers to develop innovative financial products across Francophone countries in West Africa.
Experience of working with low-income populations, youth, smallholder farmers, women, and MSMEs; Experience in financial inclusion, MSME lending, digital financial services, qualitative and quantitative research and benchmarking; Proficiency in French; Strong writing skills; Experience in West Africa is mandatory; Good analytical skills and the ability to build and lead a work team in a multicultural context.
The project has the following objectives:
- Compare the gaps in demand and supply of the underserved population to international benchmarks
- Develop an understanding of the market needs and barriers that microenterprises and underserved markets face in terms of access to finance
- Document existing financial service offerings
- Understand the challenges and willingness of financial institutions to serve the targeted markets
- Develop recommendations to provide innovative financial products and services to the targeted segments
The consultant’s scope of work will include desk-based research, stakeholder interviews (in person for local stakeholders and remote for out-of-home locations), benchmarking exercise, data analysis, report writing, and reviews. More detailed scope, level of engagement, and deliverables will be discussed after onboarding.
How to apply
Please send your recent CV and a short cover letter to be considered for this consultancy position. Please mention your availability and provide details of your specific qualifications, relevant skills, and expertise at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job title “Consultant—for potential opportunities in West Africa” in the subject line of the mail.
Please note this is a short term project based engagement