Senior Manager – Gender
Are you worried about the growing digital divide that pushes women back, more than helping them step forward? Is the poor financial health of women micro-entrepreneurs something you want to change? You always wanted to make a policy-level impact on gender issues? And do you have the ability to dig out the real-gender issues in a variety of markets and cultures? If most of your answers are “yes” – we share a common goal! So are you willing to work and learn with us and make an impactful career move?
Interested! Discover more!
In-depth knowledge in financial inclusion, social development and gender theory, policy, and practice
The gender specialist will work in the gender EAG at MSC. In the initial period most of work will be directed towards:
- First 3-6 months: developing frameworks and build concepts (50%), adding gender lens/concepts to work done by other domains (50%).
- Next 4-18 months: Gradually this role will evolve to developing business ideas/business opportunities, prospective client interactions and business execution (60%). The specialist will continue reviewing/adding gender concepts into other non-direct gender work at MSC 20%). Rest time will be dedicated for media promotions.
- 18 months and beyond: We would like this person to contribute to development of gender as domain with business targets.
- Assist in identification, communication and negotiation of business opportunities
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen client relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Domain/ Practice Group s/he leads or is part of
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications capturing innovative ideas /new trends, future of the sector etc.
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues linking MSC work and Publications.
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate.
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or Domain
- Lead assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings for allocated assignments
- Lead assignments as allocated
- Quality control training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Conduct final quality control reviews of and sign off on reports/documents for delivery to clients
- Conduct “Client Feedback” calls after the completion of assignments
Contribute to the development of MSC toolkits and other publications.
- Development economics/Public policy/gender studies
Specific technical expertise:
- Experience of advisory projects on gender
- Experience of designing, managing, monitoring and evaluation, and implementing donor programs focussed on gender
- Experience of conducting gender policy analysis, sensitizing stakeholders on gender issues, mainstreaming gender, documenting success stories.
- In-depth knowledge in financial inclusion, social development and gender theory, policy, and practice
- Desired experience of gender resource budgeting and gender impact assessment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, French desired
- Ability to lead strategic planning
- Willingness to travel
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams