Senior Manager – Government & Social Impact
Do you think governments can deliver public services better? MSC works across countries to streamline the delivery of government services to the last mile by ideating disruptive innovation and implementing relevant best practices from across the globe. If you seek an opportunity to work closely with the central and state governments to pilot models that augment the performance and overall service satisfaction of public programs, then this is the role for you!
Interested! Discover more!
• Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision • Ability to develop client relationships and win business • Ability to develop and implement training programmes • Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint • A strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills • Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills • Excellent spoken and written English – particularly for documenting the progress of Microfinance programmes
Job Summary: As part of Government and Social Impact (GSI) team at MSC, Senior Manager will work with government, development agencies, donors and other institutions to-
- Define, design and improve strategy and public policy choices
- Design and conduct research/study to gather evidence to improve delivery of social welfare and development programs
- Re-engineer and digitize processes to deliver efficient and targeted services and benefits
- Conduct pilots and support implementation
- Monitor and evaluate programs
The Senior Manager will also be expected to do data analysis, write reports, blogs and articles. You will also be responsible for business development and client relationship management
The Senior Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of MSC’s objectives by delivering exemplary client work and supporting the development of the Practice Group/ Domains/he is part of.
- The primary focus of this role is to provide a service to clients by responding to the needs of specific projects and situations. Senior Manager will lead assignments typically focused on technical support to clients predominantly within the Domain / Practice Group they are a part of.
- The Senior Manager will also provide on-going support and guidance to staff within their area of responsibility to ensure that they deliver their roles to an appropriate level of quality and according to the approaches and frameworks set out by MSC.
- Senior Manager will build a strong knowledge and expertise in core areas of MSC’s client delivery work and specialize in the work of a particular Practice or Domain.
- All staff is responsible for exemplifying and promoting MSC’s vibrant organizational culture.
- Assist in the identification, communication, and negotiation of business opportunities
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen the client relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Domain/ Practice Groups/he leads or is part of
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications capturing innovative ideas /new trends, future of the sector etc.
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues linking MSC work and Publications.
Human Capital Development:-
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate.
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or Domain
- Lead assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings for allocated assignments
- Lead assignments as allocated
- Quality control training courses delivered, research papers prepared, the curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Conduct final quality control reviews of and sign off on reports/documents for delivery to clients
- Conduct “Client Feedback” calls after the completion of assignments
- Contribute to the development of MSC’stoolkits and other publications
Qualifications and Competencies:-
Academic/ professional qualifications:-
- MBA; Bachelor or Masters in Public Policy, Economics, Public Administration, Social Work, Rural Development, Agri-Business or related areas
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- 9-14 years’ experience in development and social sector with a consulting firm, think tank, donor/development agency, research organization or government
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, research skills (primary and secondary), intellectual curiosity and passion for social and development sector
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors – WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), health, women and child development
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas –
- Strategy and public policy design for social welfare programs
- Process reengineering and digitization
- Social welfare program implementation
- Financial inclusion
- Social protection
- Direct benefit transfer
- Public finance and expenditure
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Human-centered design
- Project management
- Existing relationships with government, multilateral agencies, donor agencies, think tanks and industry
- Experience in Banking or Microfinance or relevant experience
- Extensive experience with the delivery of technical assistance programmes
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation at all phases of financial product design, testing and delivery.