Specialist – Payments and Distribution
The Specialist is responsible for contributing to the achievement of MSC’s objectives by delivering exemplary client work and supporting the development of the Practice Group/ Domain she/he is part of.
Understanding of local market to have the context of the DFS and fintechs and the large complex multi-country programs and project management.
- Assist in identification, communication and negotiation of business opportunities
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Take initiatives to develop and enhance communication with clients to strengthen client relationship
- Develop and submit proposals to generate business – particularly for the Domain/ Practice Group s/he leads or is part of
- Represent MSC at conferences, workshops etc.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications capturing innovative ideas /new trends, future of the sector etc.
- Actively engage in Marketing Activities and participate in Digital Media dialogues linking MSC work and Publications.
Human Capital Development
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate.
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring.
- Lead the planning, implementation of assignments involving project teams within one PG or Domain
- Lead assignment set-up and de-briefing meetings for allocated assignments
- Lead assignments as allocated
- Quality control training courses delivered, research papers prepared, a curriculum developed and technical assistance provided to clients
- Conduct final quality control reviews of and sign off on reports/documents for delivery to clients
- Conduct “Client Feedback” calls after the completion of assignments
- Contribute to the development of MicroSave’s toolkits and other publications
Qualifications and Competencies:
Academic/ professional qualifications:
- Degree in Banking/Business Administration/Accounting/Economics or related field
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialisation
- At least 9-14 years’ experience in Banking or Microfinance or relevant experience
- Extensive experience with the delivery of technical assistance programmes
- Understanding of local market to have context of the DFS and fintechs
- Understanding of the large complex multi-country programs and project management
- Experience in managing in multi-client projects with focus on outcomes within the budget and other constraints
- Wide experience on live research and consulting projects, mainly in Bangladesh. Additional experience in other countries are desirable.
- Ability to write, build on learning agenda, and present to the various stakeholders
- Ability to connect and persuade at CXO level across a variety of organizations
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop client relationships and win business
- Ability to develop and implement training programmes
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- A strong field orientation and proven inter personal skills
- Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English – particularly for documenting the progress of Microfinance programmes