Working experience in data analysis and management of large amounts of data using statistical software packages (ideally using SPSS); Extremely sound knowledge of data processing best practices, database management techniques, and statistical theory; Experience in managing staff; Experience managing large projects involving data collection and field enumeration; Demonstrated record of initiative and problem solving; Excellent writing and reporting skills and experience in report writing; Research work experience in the financial services sector will be definite advantage, especially in digital finance Experience in knowledge dissemination as indicated above
Ideal candidate will should bring in a unique skill set of analytics, experiment designs, and evaluation expertise. She/he should have an excellent academic background and project management experience.The candidate should have excellent team management, report writing, documentation, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the Quantitative Research, Monitoring and Evaluation team on business development
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling to discover insights.
- Lead the team in undertaking analytics of stand-alone and metadata sets to synthesize findings
- Provide technical guidance to the teams in design and implementation of research and evaluation assignments including adherence to quality assurance protocols across various geographies.
- Develop and publish knowledge resources (policy brief, research papers etc.) through identifying key issues, lessons learned and best practices in programs and projects undertaken with different clients and in different geographies.
- Manage large quantitative datasets and provide substantial analysis;
- Undertake research using primary and secondary source data. This includes but is not limited to: development of research and data analysis plans, surveys, data collection tools, interview protocols, document collection and review, web searches and the collection of economic and social data.
- Manage all data processing instructions for different datasets;
- Assist in designing research tools, such as surveys questions, verification checklists, etc. that will feed into recommendations for programming;
- Train field officers and analysts in data collection and in understanding and applying research tools and methods;
- Manage a staff of two to three data analysts;
- Develop a field plan and oversee the logistics of the various components of the project;
- Prepare weekly progress reports for the research team;
- The specialist may be asked to work with external consultants on helping develop specific research tools and data analyses.
Qualifications & Experience:-
- Masters/PhD in Economics/Statistics/Business Management
- 5-6 years of hands on expertise in economic modeling, quantitative modeling, financial data modeling, real timeanalytics
- Experience in big data analytics, data management, data mining, statistical analysis, algorithms, data science solutions
- Extensive experience in designing and managing large-scale, multi-geography primary data collection exercises, program evaluations, and impact assessments
- Experience in emerging markets
- Project management, leading team on data analytics and evaluation projects
- Thorough understanding of concepts such as types of evaluation designs, theory based evaluation, results framework etc.
- Thorough understanding of Statistical Concepts & Models, Predictive Modeling and other advanced techniques
- Excellent command over statistical modeling techniques and data analysis tools such as STATA, SPSS and similar applications
- Experience of using big data analytics tool and technologies such as Base SAS, Spark, R & Python
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
- Experience of working with donor organizations such as The World Bank, UNDP, ADB, DFID, The Gates Foundation etc.
- Understanding of concepts of inclusive finance and financial inclusion is preferred
- Strong ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.