State coordinator for FPO Transformation
We are looking for consultants(tentatively for a 6-month contract and subject to renewals) for a Farmers Producer Organizations (FPO) Transformation Project.
Minimum 5 years of experience in working with Producer organizations, value chains in agriculture, allied and livestock.
We are looking for consultants(tentatively for a 6-month contract and subject to renewals) for a Farmers Producer Organizations (FPO) Transformation Project. The project objective is to work towards the development of FPOs by providing them the necessary support and working closely with them in the areas like market and input linkage, improving governance, IT systems/ MIS, compliance, credit support from financial institutions, insurance, gender participation and host of other areas. The goal of this project is to establish FPOs as an asset class in India, meaning that they are recognized and understood by a range of market actors as a relevant market segment and have better access to a range of goods and services they need to be self-sustaining and profitable business entities.
Responsibility: This project entails extensive engagement and coordination with MSC and management of various FPOs, with expected travel to a different district (at FPO location) to implement the mandate of the project.
• The consultant will provide support to conduct research activities, diagnostic assessments, Business planning for FPOs, carry out training of trainers, help in design and conduct of pilots, assist FPO Board and Management on different activities under the project mandate.
• The consultant will support the project manager in the development and presentation of project progress reports (monthly, quarterly and as required).
• The consultant will be required to travel extensively within the state for providing training and monitoring of project operations.
• The consultant will provide handholding support to FPO staffs to adopt various systems and software
• The consultant will organize and deliver training sessions for FPOs on a need basis.
• The consultant will scope and liaison for market linkage opportunities for FPOs
• The consultant is expected to manage regular project operations and contribute towards project planning under guidance from the project manager.
• The consultant will represent MSC in meetings, and field visits whenever required for the project.
• The consultant will be expected to support the project manager in other project or business related responsibilities as requested.
• The consultant will support MSC in local relationship building and liaising with partners, government organization, ag-techs, FPOs and so on.
• The consultant will update project manager on project progress and field activities at regular intervals in the format as suggested by the project manager.
The above set of roles and responsibilities are indicative and can change as per need of the assignment.
Qualification and work experience
• Postgraduate preferably in agriculture or allied sector is desired but not necessary or
• Graduate with outstanding performance in a similar project set up can also be considered
• Have minimum 5 years of experience in working with Producer organizations, value chains in agriculture, allied and livestock will be preferred
• Should fluent in communication in vernacular languages and good at preparing report, analysis, and presentation in MS package in English
• Can carry out delegated work independently
• Can carry out market research, diagnostic studies, business planning, design and execution of pilots independently
• Should be motivated to work for the cause of smallholder farmers and in rural set up
• Should have good communication and relationship building skills
How to apply: To be considered for this consultancy position, please send your recent CV and a short cover letter via email detailing your specific qualifications and relevant skills and expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly mention “State coordinator for FPO Transformation Project” in the subject line.