Team Leader – PFICP State Project Office
We are looking for a project manager who will drive financial inclusion initiatives with Odisha Livelihoods Mission to enhance access to, and use of, a broader range of financial products and services by SHG women, through digital channels/platforms.
Experience related to the rural development sector, with at least three years of overall work experience in SHGs and/or Livelihood Missions, Previous experience of managing and engaging with government agencies, district administrations and supervising ground level implementation, Experience in long term project management, preferably with government, and has good team management skills, Thorough understanding of thematic/technical/sectoral areas that include - self-help groups, livelihoods, financial inclusion, social entrepreneurship, gender sensitization, women economic empowerment, and convergence across developmental projects,
The project seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide Technical Assistance to Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM) on FI Initiatives,
- Increase the coverage and improve utilization of a broader range of financial products (beyond credit and savings) through the government’s flagship schemes namely PMJDY, PMMY, and Jan Suraksha Yojana (PMJJBY, PMSBY, and APY) among SHG members,
- Provide a wider choice of financial products for SHGs through partnerships with the new generation, technology-led financial service providers from the private sector,
- Build capacities of SHG women such that they are able to increasingly adopt and use digital channels for financial services. Women,
- Adapt/Scale CICO channel and models to bring them closer to SHGs for increased usage.
The project would adopt a four-pronged approach to meet the project objectives. These workstreams are Product enhancement, Channel development, Digital literacy and behavior change communication, and engagement with OLM. The role of the Team Leader is to implement the project, interface with the SRLM management, manage the project office team and undertake the following role and responsibilities:
- Interact with the senior management of SRLM, coordinate and ensure active support from them, and track and report project progress,
- Brainstorm with teams to design, and implement solutions to complex community-level problems in shortlisted locations,
- Aspects of investigation include (but are not limited to) access and usage of financial products in the LMI segment, design of CICO networks, and development of a financial literacy program,
- Conduct client and marketplace analyses (involving primary and secondary research), by working collaboratively with fellow consultants and client teams,
- Summarize key findings for interim client follow-ups,
- Create succinct and logically-structured written reports,
- Contribute to the creation of presentations of distilled project findings to be shared at national and international platforms,
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of assignments in other SRLMs or any other projects implemented by MSC,
- Contribute ideas to the team to solve organizational challenges by applying analytical methodologies to reduce costs, provide a competitive advantage, or address a pressing business problem.
- PG Diploma/Master’s degree in rural management, development studies, social work, entrepreneurship, economics, and related fields is preferred.
- Other relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and ability to convey complex concepts in a concise manner,
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills – proficiency in MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is a must.