Updated on: May 25, 2018
1. WHO ARE WE?
We are MicroSave Consulting (“MSC”, “we” or “us”), having office across distinct geographies and registered legal entities in India, Kenya, Uganda, Indonesia, Senegal and Singapore.
2. WHEN DOES THIS WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY?
This Website Privacy Statement explains the approach taken by MicroSave Consulting, (“MSC”, “we” or “us”) toward the personal information and data that we collect about you (“Your Information”) when you visit this Website or our mobile applications, electronically respond to our online advertisements or when you send us communications via any computer, mobile or other similar electronic devices (“Device”).
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or online services. You may supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append information from other sources, such as Google Analytics, to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes, such as maintaining an accurate marketing database.
We gather date, time and certain additional information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences. When you submit information through a form on one of our websites, we capture and store your IP address and email address. We use this information for website personalization purposes.
4. YOUR CONSENT TO OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND COOKIES
5. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your Device when you visit certain parts of our Website or click on our online advertisements. Cookies and similar technologies are used to identify your Device for the following purposes:-
(i) Strictly necessary cookies.
These essential cookies are set throughout our Website and are required for the operation of our Website to:
• allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
• temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information;
• temporarily identify your Device after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
(ii) Analytical/performance cookies.
These are used to help us improve our Website by:
• tracking your visits to our Website and recognising your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
(iii) Functionality cookies.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to:
• personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language and region);
• store your login and other preferences so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the Website.
(iv) Targeting / advertising cookies.
These cookies record your visit to our Website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to:
• make our Website more relevant to your interests;
• provide online advertisements or offers on our Website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you;
• limit the number of times you see an advertisement and evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising programs.
The above cookies may be placed on your Device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services).
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our Website will not work properly.
(b) Bulletin/ Newsletter Subscription
There are sections of the Website where we ask for personal information, for example, when you complete online forms to submit request for bulletin subscription
(c) Consultant Application
Personal information provided on our Website in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with the MicroSave Consulting Group and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement. Your Information may also be used to monitor our recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies. Applicant details may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers and credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies record these searches and you can contact us to find out which agencies we used. Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future opportunities. These are usually retained for up for 12 months but please let us know if you do not wish us to retain Your Information for this purpose.
(d) Electronic Communications
If you contact us via email, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws.
(a) Using Your Information – Purposes
If you provide Your Information on the Website in relation to any products and services from MSC, or send us an electronic communication, we will use Your Information for the purposes (“Purposes”) of providing and operating the product or service you request or responding to your electronic communication and for other related purposes that may include:
We may use personal information we collect to:
• provide and administer our services;
• understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
• contact you and answer your questions;
• market and advertise our products and services to you;
• allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
• keep our systems, users, employees and services safe
• provide you with the information or support you requested.
(b) Disclosing Your Information
When using Your Information for the Purposes we may need to disclose it to more than one company within the MicroSave Consulting Group and to our agents, advisors and third party service providers (“Other Parties”). When this happens we will require the Other Parties to handle Your Information using the same level of care that we apply. We will also require them to only use Your Information according to our instructions and directions.
If the Other Parties are overseas Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We will not otherwise disclose Your Information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are under a legal or similar obligation.
This means, by way of example, that Your Information may be disclosed to:
• regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities in countries where we, our agents, advisors or third party service providers have a presence;
• agents, advisors or third party service providers under a duty of confidentiality to the MicroSave Consulting Group;
regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities in countries where we, our agents, advisors or third party service providers have a presence;
agents, advisors or third party service providers under a duty of confidentiality to the MicroSave Consulting Group;
to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or merger of our company or business assets.
(e) Retaining Your Information
The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
• the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
• the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
• necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
7. STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, store, and process information in Company in-house database and on servers around the world and may access that information globally. If you are located in the European Union, please note that your personal information may be transferred out of, or stored outside, the European Economic Area. The privacy protections in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to be protected through adequate safeguards, copies of which are available from us on request at the email address below.
8. RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
European law gives individuals a number of rights in relation to their personal information. These include the right to access, and in some circumstances to amend, delete, or restrict the continued processing of, personal information.
You also have a choice about:
• Whether to receive email marketing messages from us. You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the opt-out directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all MSC email marketing, send a request to email@example.com .
• Whether to share information about yourself and your use of our sites with third parties including social media sites.
o If you join one of our online communities, your comments as well as certain information about you may be visible to other members of the community. Please take a moment to understand how each forum works and what choices you have.
o If you use credentials from a third party, like Facebook, to register, then that third party will also record the fact that you have registered for our sites and may use that information consistent with its own privacy statements and practices. If you use Share, Like or similar social media buttons, those actions may be posted elsewhere (such as on the relevant social media sites).
• Whether to allow certain uses of cookies and other data collection technologies. Please refer to our cookies related provisions in this Policy.
If you have any questions about your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
9. PRIVACY, SECURITY AND COMMUNICATIONS USING THE INTERNET
(a) The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
(b) Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
(c) In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, we reserve the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
10. UPDATING OUR WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
11. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by MSC. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities.
They are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
12. CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY
Get our updates straight in your inbox!