“To enable innovative digital solutions to drive transformative changes in smallholder farmers’ climate resilience”
The CRAg VC is an interactive platform for promising tech-enabled startups and growth-stage entities. We help these startups and entities scale up their solutions and strengthen climate resilience for smallholder farmers.
How can CRAg VC turbocharge ideas and partnerships for startups, accelerators, investors, donors, NGOs, and government organizations?
Startups focused on climate-resilient agriculture use the CRAg VC platform as a sounding board for ideas and plans, and attract investors and business partners. Get a first glimpse of new ideas, technology, and thinkers shaping CRAg in India and beyond. Identify inspiring peers and mentors to guide you on your journey. Throw your business problems at the platform’s network of experts, who will help solve them for you.
Accelerators, investors, and donors forge strategic partnerships to test, evaluate, and scale your ideas in the field. Access insights from experts with a deep understanding of the needs, aspirations, perceptions, and behavior of smallholder farmers.
Grab the attention of international funders and donors by showing evidence of your impact. NGOs and government programs with mass outreach. Join an international community practice using the CIFAR alliance and its links to the UN COP Summits.
How can you join CRAg VC, and how does the membership journey offers unparalleled opportunities?
1) Dissemination of actionable insights
2) Partnerships and collaboration
3) Capacity enhancement
4) Promoting diffusion of innovation
2) Development agencies who can support the identification and dissemination of pathways to transformative changes by enabling the Agtech and Fintech sectors and extension services.
3) Impact investors who can invest in digitally enabled, innovative, Agtech and Fintech solutions and complementary extension services solutions for smallholder farmers.
4) Financial institutions who can offer curated financial services for smallholder farmers.
5) Implementing organizations who can create connections between solution providers and smallholder farmers.
The CRAg VC platform will comprise a cross-cutting research, evaluation, and learning function with a focus on:
2) Accelerators, Investors, & Donors:
3) Climate-resilient agriculture focused Agtechs and Fintechs:
4) Implementing and extension organizations:
2) Lack of access to finance:
3) Awareness barriers:
4) Institutional Barriers:
Stringent KYC norms, state-sponsored infringement of data privacy, and insufficient protection against online fraud are some of the key institutional barriers against smallholder farmers’ uptake of digital services.
These smallholder farmers are facing increased levels of climate hazards:
Climate resilient agriculture–Virtual club: India chapter – 4th November 2022
Climate resilient agriculture–Virtual club: East Africa – 17th November 2022
Climate resilient agriculture–Virtual club: India chapter – 2nd December 2022
Climate resilient agriculture–Virtual club: India chapter – 3rd February 2023
Climate resilient agriculture–Virtual club: East Africa – 30th March 2023
Get our updates straight in your inbox!