In our second Master class series, we spoke to Leesa Shrader, the Director of the AgriFin Accelerate Program at Mercy Corps. She is a trailblazer in the financial inclusion space and specifically in the agriculture sector. She spoke at length about her professional journey, key achievements, challenges and lessons learnt and also leaves a few nuggets of wisdom for the future breed of women leaders.
This conversation goes deeper to focus on:
- The role of agricultural digital platforms in agricultural transformation, and inclusive financial systems in Sub-Saharan Africa. She gave us a walkthrough Digifarm, one of the successful cases of the agriculture digital platforms and lessons learnt in building future platforms
- Key lessons on partnerships and collaborations emerging from the current digital agriculture platforms
- The role of youth in agriculture digital ecosystems
- The medium to long-term impact of COVID-19 on inclusive agriculture finance systems and
- Recommendations for the players in the agriculture ecosystem
Click here to watch more of our master classes