In the inaugural session of our master class series, we talked with Tamara Cook, the CEO of FSD Kenya. An industry leader in the financial inclusion space with a professional history spanning more than 20 years, Tamara speaks at length about her professional journey, key achievements, challenges, and lessons learned.
Our conversation with her goes deeper to focus on the following topics:
- The medium- to long-term impact of COVID-19 on the inclusive finance sector
- How can financial markets address the financial constraints of low- and moderate-income populations effectively?
- Is there a need for a renewed focus on
- considering COVID-19 has undone years of inclusive finance initiatives
- Recommendations for the financial sector, development community, and multilateral organizations to future-proof against such crises