In 2012 Ignacio Mas worked with MSC to look at the state of digital financial services in India, the type of products that poor people want, and the role of microfinance institutions/SHGs in digital financial services systems. In this video he shares some of his thoughts on digital financial services systems not just in India but worldwide. He stresses that a product must be simple yet useful for being relevant to poor people. He further elaborates his point by addressing the following questions.
- What is the real value proposition of a basic No Frills Account?
- How can we make them more relevant for poor people?
- Do we really need a bouquet or range of products?
- How can we reconcile relevance with simplicity/use-ability?
- How do we integrate credit into the offering?